- Internship or student assistantship opportunities, including in Big 4 CPA firms, Shanghai branch
- HKICPA QP Scholarships, Distinction Award from CPA Australia, Outstanding Student of CPA Australia
- Substantial course exemptions from professional organizations, qualifying graduates for taking local and overseas professional examinations with reduced number of papers: HK: HKICPA, HKICS UK: ACCA, AIA, CIMA Australia: CPA, CMA
Department of Accounting
An accounting system is essential for industrial and commercial activities and for international trade and finance.
Accounting knowledge and skills are the grounds of the industrial and commercial system which help to boost the economic development of society.
The Department of Accounting at HKSYU trains professional and competent accountants to meet the enormous demand from industry and commerce. BCom (Honours) in Accounting is
a four-year undergraduate programme which emphasizes whole person development, professional accounting training as well as general education.
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Accounting Programme
- Financial Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, Auditing, Taxation in Hong Kong, China, International
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Business Analytics and Statistics, Managing Business Information Systems and Applications, Accounting Information Systems
- Research Project
Graduates can become Certified Public Accountants (CPA) or non-practising members of the professional accounting bodies, after taking relevant professional examinations and gaining relevant working experience. Besides from professional accounting firms in commercial and industrial sectors, they are also able to seek employment in the Hong Kong SAR Government, particularly Audit Commission, Inland Revenue Department and the Treasury. They can study master programmes in Accounting, Finance or Management at local or overseas universities
Entrance Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- ES 2^
- ES 3^
*For detailed curriculum, please refer to the departmental website.
NMTSS = Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme
SSSDP = Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors
- iFREE Entrance Scholarship
- Longbow Charity Foundation Entrance Scholarship
- Entrance Scholarship for Non-Chinese Speaking Students
Provide elective internship opportunities to students. IAO Director Dr. Raymond Chui will let you know more.
Our two alumni Giselle (Department of Journalism & Communication) and Stephanie (Deparment of Social Work) have shared their study life at SYU and working experience after graduation
Our two fresh graduate Clarence (Department of Counselling & Psychology) and Sunny (Deparment of Business Administration) have shared their study life at SYU and working experience after graduation
Our two alumni Charmian (Department of Accounting) and Carl (Deparment of Business Administration) have shared their study life at SYU and working experience after graduation
Department Photo Gallery
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/sdb1/apache2/htdocs2/infoday/wp-content/themes/openday/single-department.php on line 263