- The programme exposes students to the interface between business and law and enables graduates to make an effective contribution in a regulated business environment.
- Equipping students with the various professional knowledge and skills: Financial Services Concentration, Corporate Governance and Management Concentration, China Business Concentration,Law Professional Concentration, Compliance and Risk Management Concentration.
- Moot Court:
Gain experience on the litigation process in the high court
- Students from Department of Law and Business have visited Beijing University (BNU) on a study tour in 2019. Students took the opportunity to attend lectures taught by professors from BNU, and Judge Li of Court of Haidian District in Beijing. They also took the chance to connect with students from BNU.
- Students will have a chance to participate in difference competition such as: International ADR Moot Competition,
ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition
Department of Law and Business
The study of law at Shue Yan dates from 1973 as the institution once offered an Honours Diploma in Law and Business.
Following the conferral of its university status in 2006, the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Law and Business was launched in 2007. Given that Hong Kong is an international financial centre and that China now plays an increasingly important role in the global economy, this programme integrates legal knowledge with business expertise to train graduates who are highly knowledgeable in both business and law.
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) in Law and Business Programme
Principles of Marketing, Principles and Practice of Management, Economic, Financial Accounting, Money and Banking, Organisational Behaviour, Business Strategy
Contract Law, The Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Equity and Trust, Land Law, Commercial Law, Banking Law, Chinese Legal System, Legal Process
- Language and research skills:
Legal Research and Writing, English Usage and Writing, Chinese Language, Critical Thinking
Our graduates can choose to continue study, for example, JD, LLB or LLM to enter into the legal profession. Our specially designed courses in the Compliance and Risk Management Concentration prepare students for direct entry into compliance or risk management careers. Many of our graduates pursue a professional career in financial service institutions such as banks, business, and insurance companies.
Entrance Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- ES 2^
- ES 3^
*For detailed curriculum, please refer to the departmental website.
NMTSS = Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme
SSSDP = Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors
- iFREE Entrance Scholarship
- Longbow Charity Foundation Entrance Scholarship
- Entrance Scholarship for Non-Chinese Speaking Students
Provide elective internship opportunities to students. IAO Director Dr. Raymond Chui will let you know more.
Our two alumni Giselle (Department of Journalism & Communication) and Stephanie (Deparment of Social Work) have shared their study life at SYU and working experience after graduation
Our two fresh graduate Clarence (Department of Counselling & Psychology) and Sunny (Deparment of Business Administration) have shared their study life at SYU and working experience after graduation
Our two alumni Charmian (Department of Accounting) and Carl (Deparment of Business Administration) have shared their study life at SYU and working experience after graduation
Department Photo Gallery
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/sdb1/apache2/htdocs2/infoday/wp-content/themes/openday/single-department.php on line 263